A Garden Office: Creating a Workspace In Your Backyard
A garden office is an excellent and creative way to make a workspace in your garden. It can be as simple or elaborate as you want it to be, but the key is that it gives you the opportunity to work from home without the distractions in the house.
If you have been looking for ways to decrease your stress levels at work, then a garden office might just be what you need!
Is a garden office expensive?
I guess this question depends on your idea of expensive. A garden office costs far less than a home extension. To give you an idea of the costs our garden offices start from just £8,995 fully installed, that includes VAT.
Many people found working from home difficult when lockdown first hit us in March 2020; there were far too many distractions. Assessing whether the benefits outweigh the costs is the easiest way to decide if the cost is worth it for you.
- How much money do you spend commuting each week? Multiply this by 48 weeks (the average amount of weeks worked per year).
- How much time do you spend commuting each week? How much do you value your time at hourly?
- Do you enjoy working from home?
- Do you spend more money on food and beverages when working either on the commute or during breaks?
What are the benefits of a garden office?
A garden office has many benefits. It allows you to enjoy the benefits of working from home without the discomfort and distractions. Some of those benefits include:
- It is a space to create your own work hours and schedule.
- Opt for large glass windows or doors, and you are no longer constrained by the walls of an office, which can be stifling at times.
- The view from nature may help you focus on tasks that have been difficult in the past.
- This environment will provide much needed mental relief creating a work-life balance.
- Garden offices can be fully insulated, so they are comfortable year-round.
- Don’t worry about household clutter in the zoom call backgrounds.
How long does it take to build a garden room?
If you were to undertake the task yourself, it would take considerably longer. The average time it takes us to build a garden room is 3-5 weeks, depending on your cladding and options.
Can I use a garden office in the winter?
Absolutely, our garden offices are insulated to keep you warm in winter and cool in summer. Connection to electricity means that you can work day and night if you wish with lighting to keep the space lit and comfortable at all times of the year, day and night.
How long will my garden office last?
We understand that longevity is important when building a garden room. This is why all of our buildings are actually maintenance-free and come with a 10-year guarantee for your peace of mind.
As you can see, a garden office a great addition to your home; not only is it practical, but it can also increase the value of your property. If you’re ready to take the plunge and commission your very own garden office, you can send us a message here for a quote.