Create Your Own Space: The She-Shed or Mancave
We all need time to ourselves every once in a while. Whether it’s for our sanity, to recharge, or just because we want to be alone and do something that makes us happy. This doesn’t mean you have to leave your partner behind, though! You can create your own space with a mancave, or she shed and keep the romance alive in your relationship!
Mancaves have been common for many years now, and the she-shed is on the rise. These can be dedicated spaces within your home, garage, or even a garden room. Somewhere to partake in hobbies or relax. They give you a place to escape from the hustle and bustle of everyday life.
Providing your own space can help keep your relationship strong. You still have time for each other, but it’s not all day, every day! It’s important to spend some time apart so that there is something to talk about and enjoy when you are together.
What is a She-Shed?
A she-shed is pretty much what it says on the tin. A shed for women to create their own space. They are a fantastic way for women to escape from daily life and relax.
They can be in your garden or even within your garage and are an excellent space of solitude, giving you time to yourself. This is particularly perfect if you have kids as it means you have your own sanctuary, a quiet space to get some me-time.
What are the Benefits of a She-Shed?
There are many benefits to having a she-shed for women.
- Firstly, it can provide you with somewhere away from the chores in your home and be an escape if things get too much at times of stress; so this is perfect if you need some time out or just want to create something new!
- It’s somewhere to be yourself and indulge your hobbies. Life can get in the way, especially if you have a family, leaving you feeling empty and as if you have lost your identity. Having somewhere to indulge your hobbies can help you feel like yourself again.
- It’s a sanctuary, a space that can be created exactly as you wish. A comfy chair, some lovely-smelling candles, or perhaps a bookshelf full of great reads?
- A she-shed is a safe place to take a breather. Sometimes disagreements occur, having a safe place to think and regain your calm is invaluable. It can help keep relationships strong.
Many she-sheds are built in the garden, which is a great place to get some fresh air and enjoy your garden. They are ideal as craft rooms, reading dens, quiet spaces, potting sheds, and more.
What is a Mancave?
A mancave is a private space that can be created in any home. It’s an escape, where you can go to relax or have some alone time and unwind. You might find it helps your mental state of mind when coming back into the house after being at work or out all day with the kids etc.
Mancaves are often created in a spare room, garage, basement, or garden room.
What are the Benefits of a Mancave?
The benefits are pretty similar to a she-shed; here are some added benefits that apply to both spaces.
- It gives you a space where you can escape and enjoy your hobbies.
- If it is in the garden, then spending some time outside soothes both body and mind.
- Hobbies such as reading or playing music are more enjoyable when undertaken on your own. You don’t have to compete for living room space.
- Protects mental health. Sometimes people feel the need to escape from their partner, children, or other home pressures. Having a space of one’s own can be helpful in this situation.
It can be cosy with its own bar and pool table, a video gaming den, or something more elaborate such as a fully equipped gymnasium!
How Can You Get Your Very Own Space?
Whether it’s a she-shed or mancave you desire, or perhaps the best of both worlds with a split garden room, a garden room is an ideal solution.
Garden rooms are incredibly versatile and can be adapted to suit the needs of their owners. You can decorate them and furnish them as you wish, add power, heating, and internet access if required, and they’re peaceful being in the garden with some double glazed windows to keep the noise out.
Here at Spacecraft Garden Rooms, we create bespoke garden rooms for a multitude of purposes through London and the South East. If you’d like to get your own space, send us a message. We will be happy to provide you with a quote for the mancave or she-shed of your dreams.